1. John1 Mills was born before / /1752.
His will records his brother was William, the maker of the will.1
Children of John1 Mills and an unknown spouse were:
2. Elizabeth2 Mills (John1) was born before / /1770. She died before 9/2/1809; Recorded as deceased when William Mills (her father's brother) made out his will.2
Children of Elizabeth2 Mills and an unknown spouse were:
3. William3 ANDERSON (Elizabeth2Mills, John1) was born before / /1786; based on children's ages. He married Martha Courzons, daughter of James Courzons; Citation 58 names her father James Courzons.3,4 He died circa 18/1/1836; William had a considerable number of properties.
5 His estate was probated on 15/4/1836.
He made a will on 17/1/1836.6
Children of William3 ANDERSON and Martha Courzons were as follows:
She was made an executor of her Mother's will (still a spinster) on 28/10/1846. She made a will on 1/1/1883 at Hanley; Edward J W Anderson (her Nephew) is sole executor. Elizabeth left her estate equally between Edward and Adeline but also talks about Edward's wife Emma Clayton (pers 3) being her niece too! Two oil paintings of Elizabeth's mother and father (unfortunately not named) are also left to Edward.13
4. Elijah4 ANDERSON (William3, Elizabeth2Mills, John1) was born circa / /1805 at Hanley?, Stoke, Staffordshire.15,16,17,18 He married Elizabeth WRIGHT on 24/4/1828 at Stoke upon Trent, (ref IGI). He died on 21/2/1864 at Harley St., Hanley, Staffordshire; aged 59. Cause of death is listed as Bronchitis. Ann Lightwood of ?Clarence? Street Shelton was present at his death.
19 His estate was probated on 11/3/1864; His wife Elizabeth the sole executrix pre-deceased him so Edward J W Anderson was granted the letter of administration (effects under 100). Edmund Clayton is listed as surety.20
He made a will on 12/6/1862 at Hanley; his house in Harley Street, Hanley was mortgaged and would need to be sold off when he died to pay his debts. All 3 of his children are mentioned in the will, the girls with their married names.21
Children of Elijah4 ANDERSON and Elizabeth WRIGHT were as follows:
She was Maria is not mentioned as a neice in Elizabeth Anderson's will - suggesting she was no longer living on 1/1/1883.25
5. Edward John Wright5 ANDERSON (Elijah4, William3, Elizabeth2Mills, John1) was born on 27/1/1829 at Hanley, Staffordshire.26,27,28,29 He married Emma CLAYTON, daughter of William Henry CLAYTON and Elizabeth (--?--), on 25/8/1859 at The Parish Church, Sheffield, York; The marriage cerificate lists Edward with the profession of Genleman and the parties as Bachelor and Spinster. Uncle David had a photo of another copy of this marriage certificate. Day is probably 25th. The SCHI ref is 9c 308.30 He died on 28/5/1887 at 1 Gladstone Place, Hanley, Staffordshire, at age 58.31 He was buried on 2/6/1887 at Hanley Borough Cemetry.32
He made a will on 17/3/1864 at Broad Street, Hanley, Stafford; this mentions properties in Hanley and Shelton.33 He lived in /10/1865 at Broad Street, Shelton, Staffordshire.34 He was listed as an annuitant on 3/4/1881.35
Children of Edward John Wright5 ANDERSON and Emma CLAYTON were as follows:
He was mentioned in his brother's 1932 diary. This has a number of cheques payable for half the rent of various properties throughout the year in / /1932.40
6. Adeline5 ANDERSON (Elijah4, William3, Elizabeth2Mills, John1) was born in / /1832 at Longton, Staffordshire.41,42 She married Edmund John Wright CLAYTON; In the letter of administration and Elijahs will: Adeline's married name is CLAYTON and Edmund John Wright Clayton, Valuer & house agent of 15 St James St Sheffield is named under Sureties. He is also referred to in Elizabeth's will as Adeline's wife.43,44
Children of Adeline5 ANDERSON and Edmund John Wright CLAYTON were:
7. William6 ANDERSON (Edward5, Elijah4, William3, Elizabeth2Mills, John1) was born on 20/8/1860 at 61 Milton St., Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire; Birth certificate photographed by Uncle David.46,47,48 He married Fanny HUXLEY, daughter of Hioinus HUXLEY, on 10/8/1886 at St. Lukes Catholic Apostolic Church, Stourbridge, Worcester and Stafford; Eileen Jane Edwards also listed as witness, oddly enough, William was lodging with Ann Edwards in 1881 census.49 He died on 17/4/1935 at Oakfield Rest Home, 116 Oakfield Rd, Cannon Hill, Birmingham, at age 74.50,51 He was buried at Yardly cmy. plot 12964, Acocks Green, Birmingham.52,53
He lived in /7/1891 at 140 Newton Road, Sparkhill, Yardley.54 He made a will on 21/5/1921; Harold was sole executor. Harold and Ethel were given equal shares of William's estate of 630-8s-8d net.55
Children of William6 ANDERSON and Fanny HUXLEY were as follows:
8. Harold John7 ANDERSON (William6, Edward5, Elijah4, William3, Elizabeth2Mills, John1) was born on 16/7/1891 at 140 Newton Rd (Bleak House?), Spark Hill.58 He married Annie Mary BLADON, daughter of Frank BLADON and Annie Mary PIPER, on 1/6/1921 at St John's Church, Sparkhill; Already Chartered Accountant when married Annie. Annie and Harold used to know each other as children too.59 He died in / /1980.
He lived on 1/6/1921 at 135 Newton Road, Sparkhill, Birmingham.60
Children of Harold John7 ANDERSON and Annie Mary BLADON were:
Return to Bob Anderson's Genealogy Index
Created with The Master Genealogist for Windows on 28/02/2001 at 22:16:38.